How to bake a cake from scratch
- Cake making tips
- Tips for a perfect fresh cake
- Cake making from scratch
- DIY MUMS
Are you contemplating to start a home based small bakery business?
When it comes to small home based bakery business, I prefer that you start small, then equip yourself to grow big and bigger. I encourage all small based home bakery owners that they should opt for classic and simple cake making tools and ingredients that do not stretch their financial muscle. As mentioned in my previous blog, post teenage motherhood, the teen mother need to go back to school and ultimately start a small home based business as aside hustle. This is not only to teenage mothers but to all other stay at home mothers who need some kind of financial cash flow. mothers After sharing the a post on the guidelines on how to start a home based small bakery business, it’s now time to start sharing on some cheap and affordable products recipes that you can start doing for your small business bakery.
By sharing of the cake making recipes we are trying to make cake making easy for small starters. I know the road because own small, please visit, like and follow our Facebookhttps://www.facebook.com/Cookie-bucket-535740759932715/
The recipe for a home-made cake
Please make sure to follow the recipe, yes follow it. Not following a given recipe sometimes just lead to self-sabotage of your efforts and wasting of your time and ingredients
The following list of cake ingredients will give you enough mixture to make a 3 slices cake. For this method we will be using round 23cm cake tins. NB. The cake tins come in different sizes which we will elaborate when we talk baking tools. As for ingredients, always keep them at room temperature.
Cake making ingredients
- 4 cups cake flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 4 eggs
- 400ml milk
- 400ml vegetable oil
- One tablespoon sour cream
- Essences of your choice
Cake baking method
- Sift all dry ingredients into a bowl.
- Then add the eggs, oils, milk essence and sour cream and using a hand whisk (but if you have an electric blender, you can use it.
- The pour your batter into your lined cake tins
- Then put your tins into a preheated oven
- Bake the cake for about an hour and remove from oven and keep on a cooking rack still in the tins. After the cake is completely cooled then you can remove from the pans and now plan to decorate it
Decorating the cake
Like mentioned above, I prefer simple and classic. It is important to invest on yourself and attend some cake decorating classes near you. Alternatively you can follow some you tube channels on cake decorating. But let me just share the naked cake style with requires no special skills
How to make some simple frosting
500g icing sugar
Beat the butter at room temperature and add the icing sugar. If you have an electric mixer you can use it
Then on a cake board, assemble your cake. Put your First slice then spread some frosting, layer another with frosting, then put on the last lice of your cake. Put some frosting around your cake and with the use of a spatula you can scrap around the cake to evenly spread the cake frosting
From your home garden, remember we once mentioned that to distress from teenage motherhood, start a gardening hobby, it come handy here. Get some flowers from your garden wrap the bottom part of the flowers with cling wrap and insert into your cake.
Get a nice picture of your cake and use it to advertise. Upload it in all your social media platforms
Cake making tools for start-up small bakeries
- Measuring spoons and cups can be bought at very low prices from pep home stores
- Cake tins of different sizes( both round and square)
- Cupcake tins
- Baking paper cups
- Baking paper sheet
- A cooling rack
- Piping bags and nozzles
Things to avoid as making a cake from scratch
- Don’t open oven more often as this will affect the temperature of the oven and might lead to a sunken cake. This will also help you to avoid having a cracked cake. As the temperature keeps changing it give the cake some cracks
- Don’t over mix your ingredients as it might lead to having a cake that is too dense. It will lead to a tough textured cake
- Don’t put your cake into a cold oven, always put into a pre -heated oven to avoid your cake being dense
Be sure to keep checking our site foe more simple and affordable recipes you can try for your cake making business.
NB.With the same recipe you can alternate to make various flavors.